Exploration of tools to support reading & writing in the classroom
A conference for K-12 educators interested in how technology is reshaping the notion of what literacy is and how it can best be taught in school settings.
Embedding Digital Modes into Reading and Writing Workshop
Innovative whole school approaches and supporting teachers
Impact of Digital Readers and Tablets on Teaching Reading
Impact of Video and Multiliteracies
How is “being literate” changing beyond the walls of school? How might schools best prepare students for this world?
United World College, Dover Campus
What Can I Expect?
- Practical sessions on how to support developing literacy in multiple mediums in the classroom
- Presentations from thought leaders, writers, journalists and filmmakers as well as education experts on how they construct and tell their stories
- How graphic novels, cinema, games are changing what “text” means in the 21st Century
- Readers/Writers Workshop in the 21st Century
- Presentations from leading practitioners in media industry
- Workshops led by practitioners using digital technology to support literacy